Monday, July 12, 2010

Games Workshop Can Suck My Ass

So a cousin of mine skypes me (yes I use Skype, because I am not a facebook social whore), telling me about how he finally bought into 40k. I said "Great!" and we chatted about it for a couple more minutes before I asked him what army he bought.

So he tells me a tale of his visit to the Games Workshop store in his mall, how he basically told the manager there what his playstyle was (people who have never played warhammer ALWAYS think they know what their playstyle is) and told him about me and how I play Necrons and a couple other armies.


THE GAMES WORKSHOP GUY SELLS MY COUSIN A BATTLEFORCE AND A WARRIOR SET OF NECRONS.

Now, let me a get a couple of things straight. First off, I like Necrons. I even went so far as to make a blog about them. But holy goddamn shit if they aren't the worst army in the game, and a terrible way for anyone to learn to play.

I told him that fucker ripped him off, and that he should go get his money back.

What kind of proverbial douche would do that to a customer?
A Games Workshop employee that's who. One of the reasons I prefer the brick-and-mortar game store to a legitimate GW store. The decent stores always tell new players what they should probably stay away from, and then let the stupid people who already play the game (i.e. ME) buy the crap army stuff.

So I told him I'd buy him a box of something else if he wanted, but he's going to try it.

So here's to another Necron player in the States (8 of us now!!! :D)!!

(I HOPE U ENJOYZ THIS RANT)

No comments:

Post a Comment